Breakfast is included in the tariff.
Evening Meals are an extra cost and must be pre-ordered at least 24 hours in advance.
Breakfast is served at the table in your room.
Breakfast is normally served between 8am and 9am, although we are always willing to accommodate those who require an earlier start to the day.
We offer a full English breakfast which is home-cooked. We appreciate that some guests prefer a lighter breakfast and we are always able to accommodate vegetarians, vegans or those with different dietary needs.
Our full English breakfast:
- ~ starts with fruit juice, fresh fruit, natural yogurt and a choice of cereals
- ~ followed by free range egg, bacon, pork sausage, tomatoes, baked beans and mushrooms
- ~ accompanied by toast, ( organic wholemeal or white bread), home-made marmalade and preserves
- ~ with Yorkshire Tea or cafetiere coffee. We also offer a full range of fruit and herbal teas and decaffeinated coffee
All our ingredients are locally sourced as far as possible.
If you would like to order an evening meal to eat on the day of your arrival then please let us know well in advance. (A minimum of 24 hours notice is required.) Sample menus are available on request and a variety of diets can be catered for including vegetarian and vegan. The cost is £18 per person. Please let us know your preference in advance as we will prepare and cook your meal from fresh ingredients on the day.
If you would rather go to a local restaurant or pub for your evening meal there are several very good choices within a 10 / 15 minute drive. Most evenings in the week there is also a chippy open in Cowling village. If you need a lift to the pub we can organise transport.
Packed lunches are available for £5:00. We can fill your flask with hot water, tea or coffee. Please order the night before.
Examples of Dinner Menus
£18.00 per person
- Smoked Mackerel Pate
- Seasonal Soup
- both with warm bread or toast
- Roast Chicken
- Pie: Steak and Ale / Cheese and Leek
- Aubergine Parmigiana (v)
- Salmon Wellington
- Trout Fillet – with Lime Butter
All above served with seasonal vegetables
- Fruit crumble – with cream or custard
- Eton Mess
- Rhubarb Mousse – with shortbread
- Cheese and Biscuits
These are sample menus. Please contact us IN ADVANCE with your order preference. A minimum of 24 hours’ notice is required.